BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

August 2008 Playboy Magazine cover girl is Miriam Quiambao

The August 2008 Playboy Magazine cover girl is no less than Miss Universe 1999 1st runner up Miriam Quiambao.

Quiambao said she prayed the night before the photo shoot and asked God for guidance.
"Well I went [to Baclaran Church] with my friends and I lit a number of candles praying not just for this cover but also for other things and to give me the strength to go on with this project…," she said.

She said she was nervous at the beginning of the sexy photo shoot, but later grew into confidence.

"Actually kinakabahan ako kasi pag pasok ko palang sa Imperial Suites Hotel I feel like I’m walking to the valley of death but probably it's just on my mind."

"Naging comfortable eventually magaling kasi si Jun de Leon (Eventually I became comfortable because Jun de Leon is a good photographer)," she added.

Quiambao also said received no angry memo from GMA News and Public Affairs executives after the Playboy photo shoot.

She said she sent soft copies to her bosses and added: “They don't have violent reactions and I explained to them the reasons why I did it."

Quiambao said posing for the magazine was a "celebration of her femininity," disputing reports that her decision to do it was out of "rebellion."

"I am happy. Tama na yung iyak iyak sa mga nakaraan, ‘di ba?" she said.

"Parang, I'm just so happy with myself and I'm celebrating it (It's like I'm so happy with myself and I am celebrating it)," said Quiambao.